fredag 10. april 2015

WoGE #484


When I saw Bill Mitchell's WoGE #483, I thought it would be very difficult to find as it showed a rather standard suburbian area somewhere in the USA. But I was wrong, it was not too hard!

I thought my WoGE #482 should be fairly easy, but I was wrong.
I think this one will be very easy?



As always, post a comment with latitude and longitude and write something about the (geologic/geographic/hydrographic) feature in the picture. If you win, you get to host the next one.

Previous WoGEs are collected by Felix on his blog and a KML file.

3 kommentarer:

  1. 46.647 N, 53.172 W

    This is Mistaken Point, the southeastern extent of Newfoundland.
    Here, the Mistaken Point Ecological Reserve is home to a spectacular deep-water assemblage of Ediacaran fossils (575-560 Ma), termed the Mistaken Point assemblage. Not only are the fossils well-preserved---including soft-body impressions, but they were blanketed with layers of fine volcanic ash, which allows geochronologists (my kind of people!) to determine accurate and precise ages for the strata.

    A very detailed description is available from the University of California Museum of Paleontology.

    SvarSlett
  2. That WAS a lot easier than my last one. :D

    SvarSlett